Managers may require to offboard a contractor because the contract needs to be terminated or the contractor resigned, this action needs to be performed only by the direct manager and will completely deactivate the resource in Crossover. In order to terminate an assignment, you will need to select a reason, exit date and include feedback about the contractor's performance.
If a contractor needs to be terminated immediately or if the direct manager is not available, you will need to contact Crossover Support.
- Manager role
- Can I change the Team Room for a contractor if the termination is already scheduled? Will the termination be canceled?
What is the proper notice period to terminate/offboard a resource?
We advise giving contractors at least a two-week notice period before offboarding/terminating an assignment. The only exception to this policy is in cases of fraud or highly unprofessional behavior. You may follow the steps on our Offboarding/terminating an assignment article for assistance on terminating an active assignment. Please notice that there will be no notification generated from Crossover, as the contractor's direct manager you will need to communicate with him.
Where are the Terms and Conditions for ending a contract?
The terms and conditions for ending a contract are detailed on the Terms and Termination section of the Crossover Independent Contractor Services Agreement (ICSA).
What can I do if I suspect a resource of fraudulent activity?
Our Risk Management department conducts daily audits of contractor's log books and time cards and is pretty adept at being able to catch any fraudulent or suspicious activity. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance in determining so. If you are sure you would like to proceed with offboarding, you may follow the steps on our Offboarding/terminating an assignment article for assistance on terminating any active assignment.
I need to terminate a resource effective immediately (today) and the system only allows me to do so on a future date (tomorrow).
- Reason for terminating the assignment.
- Provide the Net Promoter Score (NPS) rating of the contractor.
- Add comments.
What can I do if a resource resigned formally?
Resources may resign formally with a proper resignation notice at the manager's discretion. You may follow the steps on our Offboarding/terminating an assignment article for assistance on terminating an active assignment.
What is the process for terminated contractors in returning to the Marketplace?
Once a resource is released from their assignment; their return to the Marketplace will be dependant on the NPS and feedback provided by their manager at the time of termination:
- If the NPS score provided is 7 or above: The contractor returns immediately to the Marketplace.
- If the NPS score provided is 6 or below: The contractor will not return immediately to the Marketplace and granted they were not released under fraudulent reasons will be scheduled a Post-Assignment Termination (PAT) call with our Talent department to review and evaluate the reasons for dismissal. The Talent department will then evaluate the contractor's return to the Marketplace for quality reasons.
How can I perform massive offboarding to dissolve a team?
For multiple offboarding, you need to terminate each assignment individually.
Can I offboard a resource now and then onboard later once we have the appropriate budget?
- Once a resource is offboarded and depending on the manager's feedback and evaluation with our Talent department through a Post-Assignment Termination call, the resource is released to the Marketplace and is available for other hiring managers.
- If the resource is still available on the Marketplace, you can re-hire him. You may send a hiring offer right away.
Can I cancel the scheduled date for offboarding a resource?
Please contact Crossover Support for assistance on canceling a scheduled off-boarding date.
Can I review the activity of an already offboarded resource?
Unfortunately, you cannot review the activity of an already offboarded contractor as the assignment has been terminated in the system. If there is a pressing need to review this activity; please contact Crossover Support for assistance.
Can I release a contractor based on feedback from other parties?
We leave this matter entirely to the discretion of the manager. You may trust any feedback if this is provided by our Risk Management team. You may follow the steps on our Offboarding/terminating an assignment article for assistance on terminating an active assignment.
Why is a terminated contractor still appearing on my team's metrics?
This is an expected system behavior. Please refer to our Terminated contractors' names remain in Metrics app article for more information on this issue.
Can I change the Team Room for a contractor if the termination is already scheduled? Will the termination be canceled?
If you scheduled a contract to be ended and want to move the IC to another Team Room, the termination will remain scheduled as per the selected date. The Team Room change is possible, but keep in mind that this action doesn't cancel the termination schedule. If you desire to cancel the termination, please contact Crossover Support for assistance.
- Crossover Independent Contractor Services Agreement (ICSA)
- Offboarding/Terminating an Assignment
- Hiring a New Team Member
- Terminated Contractors in Metrics App