A background check is comprised of various searches that are designed to reveal different kinds of information about a person. While some organizations use background checks to qualify volunteers or potential tenants, they are mostly used to determine a person’s suitability for employment or professional advancement within a company. Companies conduct background checks to protect their workforce, customers, and assets, and to minimize their exposure to negligent hiring claims.
Crossover requires background checks as part of the onboarding process for new hires. The checklist for this background search includes a reminder to include an authorization form because Crossover requires the contractor's permission to conduct the search. Crossover may also require other documents, depending on what country the contractor is from.
The Background Check process is performed internationally by our partner, SafestHires.
For important notes and frequently-asked-questions, please skip to the next section.
You will need to download the Disclosure & Authorization Form and fill it out by following these steps:
- Log into the Crossover website.
- Click on the Start Process button on Step 4 of the Onboarding Process screen. You will be redirected to the SafestHires website.
- If you are unable to click on the Start Process button, please visit the Background Check Center for Crossover.
- Select your country of origin/residence.
- Click on the Download Disclosure Form button to download the necessary document to fill out. Please make sure to check if your country has additional requirements you need to upload for your background check.
- Fill out the downloaded form and either print it or scan it into a file.
- Upload the necessary documents:
- Click on Add Files.
- Select the file(s) you want to upload.
- Click on Open.
- Click on Start Upload.
- Upon successful upload of your documents, you will receive an email notification with a reference number (hash ID) for your background check.
- Paste the reference number on the Crossover website and click on Submit.
After submission of your reference number from SafestHires onto the Crossover website; you will be able to move onto the next step on your Onboarding Process.
Important Notes and FAQ
- Please always make sure to check if your country has additional requirements you need to upload for your background check.
- Keep your reference number from SafestHires in case you need to perform changes onto your background check process at any time.
Where does SafestHires get its data?
SafestHires partners with a variety of FCRA-certified providers whose comprehensive databases compile state and federal records. Our team of experienced court researchers conducts on-site courthouse record checks, while a team of educational, license and employment search specialists pursues direct verification of candidate credentials.
Will I receive a notification once my background check is performed?
You will not be notified once this process is completed. To protect candidates’ privacy and ensure the security of their data, background reports are only notified and made available to our Human Resources department.
How long does it take SafestHires to complete their reports?
Report delivery time varies with country and requirements. The Standard Report can take approximately from 2 to 4 days.
Can I ask for a copy of my Background Check?
Please contact Crossover Support to check with our Human Resources department if a copy can be facilitated to you.