Tax Forms Requirement


Based on your payment platform (Paychex or Payoneer), your working status, and your location, you will have different ways of generating the tax forms required for Independent Contractors and W2 Partners.



  • Partner with an active contract



Please check the tax forms requirement based on your payment platform:


Paychex W2

Paychex W2 partners complete all tax paperwork while onboarding into Paychex (W4 and I9). W2 forms will be mailed to the address on file with Paychex by January 31st as required by US federal law.

Partners can also access their W2 forms by logging onto their Paychex accountThe IC can set up a username and password when they enroll in Paychex. If you can't remember your password, please use the Forgot Username or Password? option:


If a Paychex W2 partner moves to a new State or needs to update their tax withholding they can do so by logging into Paychex and navigating My Pay > Taxes:


If you need help updating this information, Please raise a support ticket and we will use password-protected files to fill out your updated tax paperwork forms.


For Support Agents

Elevate to Crossover HR Queue using the elevation process.



Payoneer Contractor

All Contractors onboarding into Payoneer will be asked to fill out tax paperwork through Payoneer directly. Please note that Crossover does not withhold any taxes from Contractor pay but we do ask that you fill out your tax forms as requested through Payoneer.

To access these forms:

  1. Navigate to the Payoneer website.
  2. Enter the same credentials you used to create your Payoneer account.


  3. Click Sign in.
  4. After signing in, from the menu bar select Activity > Tax Forms to find the list of forms available:


  5. There should also be a "Use Wizard" option at the bottom of the page to help you pick the right form:


    If you have any questions you can review the W-Series Forms FAQ  article from Payoneer.
  6. Notes on tax forms completion:
    • The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm that IC is not a U.S. taxpayer and that Crossover is not required to withhold taxes from their earnings (this is a more commonly used option but you can choose what form fits your need best). 
    • For record-keeping purposes, Crossover requires a tax form for all non-U.S. taxpayers paid on Payoneer's platform. IC's payments are not affected in any manner.
    • Only US Contractors are subject to 1099 reporting (W9 Form), and per Crossover policy, it cannot be switched to the W2 form.
    • To verify the IC's residency, Payoneer has requested that they complete form W-9 or W-8BEN. Typically, US citizens or residents complete form W-9. Persons having neither status complete form W-8BEN.
    • A record of the tax residency is kept for each person Crossover pays to.

If you have any issues completing tax forms in Payoneer, please reach out to Payoneer Support. If you still continue to experience issues after contacting Payoneer support, you may open a support ticket with Crossover and we will advise if possible on the topic.

While Crossover does request the independent contractors to submit tax filing information with Payoneer, Crossover does not offer fiscal or legal advice. Contractors will have to complete the form on their own.



If the tax form is not completed, the payments will be processed through the linked Payoneer account but it is likely that you will not be able to withdraw the funds from the Payoneer account until you have completed their requirements. 



Related Articles



Article is closed for comments.