Under WorkSmart preferences, you can set up the automatic launch at system startup. Also, you can configure WorkSmart to automatically sign in on launch and start tracking on sign in if required.
These WorkSmart start settings can be used by the contractor to control the behavior and also automate it for tracking time.
- Active contractor using WorkSmart to track time.
- Right-click on the WorkSmart icon () on the Task Bar.
- Select Preferences.
At the top of the Preferences screen, you will find three options used to control WorkSmart Start behavior:
- Launch at system startup: WorkSmart will start automatically as soon as your computer operating system is started.
- Sign in on launch: this means that your remembered credentials will be used to automatically sign you in once the application is launched.
- Start tracking on sign in: this option will allow you to automatically start tracking time once you are signed in, meaning that you won't need to use the start button after you sign in.
Please notice that having all these options enabled will cause WorkSmart to start tracking time as soon as the computer is started. If you are not logged into your operating system, this might generate idle timecards until you start your session.
- Click on OK to save your preferences.
After you change options 'Sign in on launch' and 'Start tracking on sign in', you will need to restart WorkSmart in order to verify that the application started/stopped using the right values. In order to confirm the 'Launch at system startup' option change, you will need to restart your computer.