When working on a Microsoft Surface device, WorkSmart uses the front-facing camera for the webcam test from the settings menu. However, when taking webcam shots for timecards, WorkSmart uses the rear-facing camera.
To ensure that WorkSmart successfully takes contractor's webcam shots, follow this process to disable the Microsoft Rear Camera.
- Active contractor using WorkSmart to track time.
- WorkSmart installed on Microsoft Surface device.
While reviewing the timecards available in the Logbook section in the Crossover portal, you will find out that the webcam images are generated using the rear-facing webcam.
Right-click on the Windows start icon at the bottom left corner of your Surface device and select Device Manager.
In the Device Manager window, scroll down to System Devices and click to expand the list:
In the list of devices, find Microsoft Camera Rear and right-click on it:
Select Disable Device:
You will receive a warning message, click on Yes:
- Right-click on the WorkSmart icon () on the Task Bar.
- Select Preferences.
- Click on Camera Test and verify that the image is captured successfully:
- Start tracking time with WorkSmart for more than 20 minutes.
- Access your Logbook section in the Crossover portal.
- Validate that WorkSmart is now using the front-facing webcam by checking your most recent timecard entries webcam shots.