Metrics can be stored and imported from different sources once they are set up by Team Room owners for each team room.
One of the metric sources available for updating the values is Zendesk, which allows you to set up a Zendesk integration for retrieving metric values, which will be automatically updated and use for reviewing team performance.
- Team Room owner with a Team room created.
- Log in to the Crossover portal and go to Manage > Teams.
- Open the Metrics app.
- If you are changing your existing metrics source, click the Settings button:
If you are setting your metrics for the first time, click the Open Metrics Settings button:
- Click on Zendesk to select it as the metric source:
- Fill in the information in relevant sections as described below:
- Fill in the Base URL, which is the URL used to access the Zendesk instance.
- Enter your Username or a service account username with the required permissions to access your Zendesk tickets. Please be aware that this account's Zendesk profile timezone will be used while retrieving the information.
- Enter the Password used by the account to log into Zendesk.
- If you need to retrieve metric values for multiple Zendesk instances, click on Add Server to create a new tab which will be called Server 2 (you can add up to 5 different Servers). Fill all the information as explained in the previous step.
- Click on Check Server(s) to confirm that the communication can be established successfully and continue with the configuration.
- The Check Server(s) button will show a checkmark and a new form will be displayed, in which you need to fill all the information required to retrieve the data from Zendesk:
- Complete the Metric Name field.
- Enter a number to be used as the weekly Metric Target for each contractor.
- You will need to define how you will retrieve the metric value from Zendesk, you can use:
- Solved tickets
- Closed tickets
- Custom Query: you can define a custom query using the Zendesk format to retrieve the tickets.
- For each contractor that belongs to the team, you will need to define one of the Zendesk Servers previously defined (Server 1, Server 2, etc) and the Zendesk ID associated with that username.
- Click on Save.
Once your metrics configuration is saved, it will take some time to load the data from JIRA and the numbers will be listed for each contractor:
Article is closed for comments.