Contractors may experience issues install WorkSmart due to a missing prerequisite. As a result, an error message will be displayed during the installation process and the installer will exit.
This will occur even if the x64 version of the mentioned prerequisite is already installed.
While installing WorkSmart you an error similiar to the one below:
You may have already verified that the noted prerequisite is already installed.
WorkSmart is a 32-bit application and therefore requires the x86 version of the .NET redistributable. To resolve this issue:
- Go to the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 download page
- Click the blue 'Download' button
- Check the box for the x86 version and click the 'Download' button again
- Save and run the installer
- Once complete, attempt to install WorkSmart again
WorkSmart will install successfully